2021 Recruitment Information
8 months ago
Join us for an informational meeting Wednesday, February 24, from 6-7:00 PM.
Contact us for help:
AVID Coordinator - Mindy Ballantyne - Mballantyne@valverde.edu
AVID Counselor - Robin Ellison - Rellison@valverde.edu
What is AVID?
AVID is an academic program that focuses on writing as a tool of learning, the inquiry method, collaborative teamwork, and reading. AVID students are enrolled in a rigorous curriculum as well as an elective.
The AVID elective class provides:
- academic instruction• tutorial support
- motivational activities
- To provide academic instruction and other support to prepare students for success in high school and beyond.
- To motivate and equip students to see themselves as successful college-bound students.
- To develop leadership skills.
- To learn and demonstrate habits of successful students.
“AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness success in global society.”