Welcome to Rancho Verde’s Career Technical Education, CTE, page!
What is CTE?
CTE is Career Technical Education which provides students of all ages with the academic and technical skills, knowledge and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become lifelong learners. CTE prepares students for the world of work by introducing them to workplace competencies, and makes academic content accessible to students by providing it in a hands-on context.
· CTE is about preparing Students for careers in a range of industries & pathways
· Coursework is rigorous & relevant & meets job & employer needs
· Provides students with technical, academic, & employability knowledge & skills they need for success
· Prepares for post-secondary education, the military, the workforce and life
How Does CTE work?
You select a subject of interest and follow the designated pathway for that subject area. There is an introductory / or concentrator course which is the initial class you take in your chosen subject area. Afterwards, you will take a capstone course, which is your final course to complete the chosen pathway and earn a CTE certificate demonstrating competency and completion of a CTE pathway.
What are the benefits of taking a CTE course & completing a pathway?
· You receive a CTE certificate which you can use for employment, or reference on your resume
· You will have gained employability skills and hands on experience in your chosen career field
· You will receive recognition at Senior Awards
· You can receive college credit for select CTE courses at the junior college level